Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

There is nothing sweeter in this world than a little girl, with the exception, however, of two little girls! Today Emma and I had the privilege of spending time with our friends, Kendall and her mom, Leah. The original plan was to take the girls to see Tangled at the movie theater, but about 30 seconds after we walked in the door, an employee announced that it was sold out. Since we were pretty sure the girls wouldn't opt for Tron:Legacy or Black Swan, Plan B was to try to catch it at another theater. However, after hitting a ridiculous amount of traffic, we decided to opt for Plan C - shopping at The Summit and dinner at Chick-Fil-A (Hooray for "Kid's Eat Free" night).

As you can see, the girls had a great time just being little girls and had a fun time chasing each other around the stores, playing dress up, and getting ice cream co
nes all over each other!

The big girls also had a great time shopping, talking, and eating. I have been tremendously blessed by my friendship with Leah, and am grateful to God for bringing her into my life. Proverbs 31 tells of a woman who, "is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Leah truly exemplifies that woman.

I am so thankful to God for the great gift of friendships, but am especially thankful for our friendship with Kendall and Leah. We love you girls!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to do a little shopping of my own with Miss Emma and her mom. She's getting way too grown up looking for my taste. Put a brick on her head or something. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you are so sweet. I am equally thankful for you! :) Yesterday was so fun. Maybe we will catch that movie soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are two cute little ladies. I agree with Grandma about the brick thing.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your write. You need to write more. I am even thinking a blog for other moms or a short story or two.

    :)

    ReplyDelete