Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful for Thursday

Each Thursday morning, I am blessed to attend the Women's Bible Study at Ninth & O Baptist Church. Currently, we are studying Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. If you haven't read this book, read it and prepare to be challenged! It has been incredibly convicting and the Lord has been showing me how ingratitude is a sign of a proud and sinful heart.

As I left the study this morning and headed to the nursery, I was greeted by smiling nursery workers and the most beautiful sight to a mom - a happy, fed, sleeping baby! Once I scooped up Ethan, I headed down the hall and picked up an energized and excited Emma, who immediately started telling me about all the fun she had that morning.

Suffice it to say, I am so thankful for the nursery workers at Ninth & O and our current church, Hazelwood Baptist, who watch my children! Not only do you watch them, but you feed them, change their diapers, take them to the bathroom, play with them, hug them, and wipe their tears when they cry.

I am eternally grateful to all of you who minister to families in churches around the country every Sunday and Wednesday and sometimes even the days in between. You are a joy and a blessing we appreciate you so much!

2 comments:

  1. And I'd like to thank the tireless nursery workers who did the same for you and your brother. They truly are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank them for me, as well, Steph. I, too remember faithful, beautiful people who watched your mom and uncles, while I attended a women's bible study. And God bless the women who study and teach. Love you, G'ma Dot

    ReplyDelete