Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our Tiny Troopers

I love my children more than any earthly gift God has given me. That is why it is so difficult for me when they get sick. This past week Ethan got a viral infection which progressively got worse. Eventually, he was diagnosed with RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) with an ear infection to boot. RSV attacks the respiratory system, so the little guy has to have breathing treatments throughout the day to help him breathe easier and subdue his coughing. Thankfully, the antibiotics (for the ear infection) and the breathing treatments have been beneficial thus far so we are praying he continues to improve.

In like fashion, Ethan's big sister decided she didn't want to miss out on the action and has developed a viral infection of her own. Mercifully, it has not turned into RSV, but she is in the early stages so it is one of those "watch and see" situations that we parents just love.

Although it is so hard to see my children sick, I am thankful for the trial. It is a reminder of God's sovereignty and his loving control over our lives. I am also thankful that God has provided competent and compassionate docto
rs to care for my children. And as my little ones crawl into my lap to be held as they ache, I cherish the extra moments to hold them.

So, tonight, as I sleep with one eye and ear open and listen to my little troopers cough, I will pray for them and thank God for the opportunity to be reminded anew of his great
compassion and love for us even in the midst of trials and trust in his design.



Singing to Ethan during his breathing treatment



Loving my little man!

2 comments:

  1. I thank God that those two precious ones have hounder a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give those little earthly gifts a big hug from their papa for him.

    :)

    ReplyDelete