Monday, September 26, 2011

Emma's First Day of School

As I sit writing this post, I can hardly believe it. Our first baby - that beautiful, pink, little baby - has begun Preschool. Emma could hardly wait to begin, and did great on her first day. I anticipated a lot of crying and leg-hugging, but Emma was true to form and just looked at me and said, "Bye, Mom!" Though I was slightly emotional, I was more excited to see her begin this new phase of her life.

Emma is a learner, and I am excited she is able to go to school and be challenged in a classroom setting. Her school is brand new and has so many innovative and fun things for her to learn with. It has also been a blessing for her to meet some new children in the class, since she is far from all of her old friends in Kentucky. Every day she comes home and tells me about a new friend she met and what they did that day.

Needless to say, you can definitely expect many school-related posts from now on. Preschoolers tend to come home with some pretty funny stories, and, rest-assured, we will be sharing them with you all. For now, here are some pictures from Emma's first day of Preschool for you to enjoy!


So excited for Emma's first day!




Finding her cubby for the first time




Emma's name tag that she uses to practice writing her name.


No comments:

Post a Comment