Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busy Little Bees

It is hard to believe that the first official day of summer began this week because we have been busy little bees for a few weeks now. Emma has started swim lessons and, after a emotional first class, has decided that she loves to swim! We always knew this, of course, but the class has officially sealed it for her. I am happy to have some special time with her each week (Ethan stays home with daddy) and hope that this is one of those memories she will keep forever!

Last weekend, we were visited by Nani and Papa and the fun never stopped! They even watched the kiddos overnight while Chris and I took a mini-vacation to Cincinnati to celebrate our anniversary. It marks the first time that Chris and I have been away from the kids since Emma was born (three and a half years) and it was a little strange to go on a trip without pack-n-plays, oatmeal, and car seats! We had an amazing time shopping, going to the Reds baseball game, and eating good food. The best part of the trip was knowing that my babies were safe and sound with Nani and Papa. When we got back, I thought for sure they would run to me with open arms yelling, "Mommy!", but they foiled me and ran straight to Chris, yelling, "Daddy!"




The Great American Ballpark



Take me out to the ballgame!


The rest of the weekend with my parents was equally fun and I enjoyed learning from my mom as we crafted and sewed. She is the sewing expert and I am still in the learning phase. But, with our powers combined, we successfully completed several projects. The biggest of which was curtains for the window by Emma's bed. That window has been the bane of my existence since we moved in and it looks so nice now. We also got to spend Father's day with my dad and Chris, which was very special. Normally, I do not get to see my dad on father's day, so it was a real privilege to be able to honor him and Chris together!

Finally, one of my favorite parts of the weekend was the gift that Nani and Papa got Ethan for his birthday - a vacuum! Ethan LOVES our big vacuum. He will run after you yelling and giggling when you vacuum and, on several occasions, I have found him in the closet hugging it. Needless to say, when he got a look at his very own vacuum, the look was priceless. It is probably the most-used gift he has ever gotten and the best part it that it really vacuums! Finally, a chore for Ethan!



Get it out of the box, Nani!



So excited to use his new vacuum!


1 comment:

  1. Your life is full and fun as it should be!! Emma is growing prettier, if that's possible. Ethan's friendship with the vacuum cleaner may be an inherited trait. His great-grandpa Doug loved to help his mother vacuum the house. My kind of man. Love you all! GGDot

    ReplyDelete