Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Ethan!

It is so hard to believe, but one year ago today Ethan joined our family and changed our lives forever. It has always been a tradition for Chris and I to think back on the day our children were born and what we were thinking and doing. I remember being so excited that the day had finally arrived! I must admit that before he was born I wondered to myself, "will I love him as much as I love my Emma?", but when they placed this tiny baby in my arms and his big blue eyes looked into mine, I was a goner. He had me, and still does. I love him more today than I did the day he was born - a feat that I thought impossible.

Ethan is a kind and sweet child. He definitely shares the energy of his sister, but when he is in my arms, he loves to hug his momma. Some of my favorite moments with him are when he is in my arms, his head is rested on my shoulder, and he gently runs his tiny little hand up and down my arm.

He has an infectious giggle, and loves his big sister unconditionally. Every morning, he "talks" and laughs with Emma across the room from his crib to her in bed. Each night, he smiles and sighs as she kisses his forehead before bed
, and in between they are inseparable as they play and grow together.

It really is impossible to convey how much joy Ethan brought to our family on June 4, 2010. You know from the moment they are born that your life has changed forever, but it is amazing to see what blessings God has brought to us this year through our little man. Ethan, we are so happy that God sent you to us and we are so blessed to be called your family. You are a smart, handsome little man and we cannot wait to see you continue to grow! Happy First Birthday, Ethan! We love you more than you know!

Love,
Daddy, Mommy, and Emma

1 comment:

  1. The funny things is, I remember the time 20 some years ago when I was asking myself if could I love anyone as much as Jake and as soon as you popped out I knew the answer.

    Happy Birthday Ethan
    Keep Writing Stephanie

    :)

    ReplyDelete