Monday, August 26, 2013

Lions, Tigers, and Mayer, Oh My!

As our summer continues to roll on, Chris and I have been able to have some awesome date nights!  Specifically, we went to a Detroit Tigers baseball game, a John Mayer concert, and a Detroit Lions pre-season football game (in that order).  

My parents were originally slated to go to the Tigers game, but, due to a funeral, they generously passed their tickets on to us.  We had a great time at the game, and even though I couldn't enjoy a hot dog (they have milk in them), it was fun to enjoy America's past time with Chris.  As we watched the game, we heard some echoing explosions and it took everyone a minute of panic before someone sitting near us remembered that they are filming the new Transformers movie downtown! 


 I love taking selfies as much as I love saying the word!


Comerica Park


About a week later, we headed out to Clarkston, MI for my anniversary gift - two tickets to John Mayer's "Born & Raised" Tour.  The last John Mayer concert I went to was so good (he is an incredible musician), that Chris wanted to go to a concert too.  Unfortunately, at that time, John developed some granulomas in his throat and took about two years off from touring.  When he announced his "Born & Raised" Tour, Chris snatched up some tickets right away.  Our seats were good to begin with, but about halfway through the concert, an older couple left and handed us their tickets, which were about 15 rows from the stage!  Needless to say, we had a great time.


I just can't help it . . .


 John Mayer is in a "Montana" phase:)


Finally, last Thursday, we went to the Detroit Lions pre-season game again the New England Patriots.  For those of you who know Chris, you know why we went to this game!  He is an avid Patriots fan and Tebow enthusiast, so we got some really great, really cheap tickets from Stub-Hub.  Unfortunately, the Lions absolutely smoked the Patriots (it must have been backwards day or something).  Not only did they lose, but they didn't play Tebow (he's their third string quarterback), so Chris was double bummed.  At the end of the game, he turned to me and said, "When Tom hurts, I hurt".  Nonetheless, it was nice to go to Ford Field for the first time (they finished it while I was in college, so all the Lions games I went to growing up were at the Silverdome).   

Another selfie!


A nice couple took our picture and we took theirs!


Tommy and the boys in action!

I would be remiss, however, if I didn't thank our neighbor and friend, Darlene, for watching the kids while we went to the Tigers game and my parents, for watching them when we went to the concert and football game.  I honestly thought this summer would be our slowest because of the baby, but I have been pleasantly surprised!  We hope you have been enjoying your summer too!

1 comment: