Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

If you are among those who think Valentine's Day is a made-up holiday with no real discernible purpose other than to make the people at Hallmark very rich, you may hate this post. For those of you who, like me, enjoy the day and see it as a good opportunity to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, then, this post is for you.

Emma, Ethan, and I recently traveled back to Michigan to help my
parents care for my grandparents (who are now fine). On the suggestion of my wise dad, my mom, Emma, and I baked some sugar cookies for Valentine's Day and it was so fun to watch Emma learn how to bake. Here is a video of Emma adding her "special ingredient" to the batter:



Don't worry - the germs bake out!

Baking with Nani

Emma checking out the finished product

And once the Valentine's Day train got rolling, it was hard to stop. After cookies, we decided to make some cards with glitter (not the worst idea we have ever had, but let's just say I will be washing glitter out of my hair for a very long time). Last, we made a paper chain out of pink, white, and red construction paper. Here is the culmination of our crafting:


Our Valentine's Day Decorations

So, Valentine's cynic or not, we hope you enjoyed spending it with those you love. Happy Valentine's Day from the Dilleys!




1 comment: