Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Little Man

When I found out I was pregnant with our second baby, I was hoping for a girl. I wanted Emma to have a sister and besides, we already had enough pink to last a lifetime. So, when the ultrasound introduced us to our little boy, I was excited, but woefully aware that we needed to do some serious shopping to bulk up on some blue.

A few months later, they placed that little boy in my arms, and my life
has never been the same. You never think you could possibly love anyone as much as your first baby, but when he looked up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes (courtesy of daddy), I knew I was in trouble. Ethan has been such a joyful and loving baby (just like his big sister) and I am so blessed to have him as my son. He has such a sweet temperament and has brought so much joy to our family with his smiles.

Children are such a gift from God because they teach us about humility, obedience, trust, and love. They are a constant reminder to me of the goodness of
God seen in their little lives and every day He uses them to teach me a truth that I need to learn or one I have forgotten.

So this blog post is for my little man. Ethan - I am honored to be your mom and I love you!


With my little man on New Year's

1 comment:

  1. hey buddy, i expect to be in the front row of your college graduation and wedding days. you are a blessing to everyone who knows you and your only a couple of months old.

    keep writing.

    ReplyDelete