Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

My mom is an amazing woman. She is smart, funny, talented, creative, generous, encouraging and so much more. It wasn't until I was older that I really appreciated how blessed I am to have her as my mom, and she has impacted my life more than any earthly individual. She is a wonderful example of Christ-like love and sacrifice and is an incredible picture of what humility and servant-hood look like.

My mom and I live far from each other. Each day, I am remind
ed of just how much I love her because there is a void. When Emma learns to draw a new letter, Ethan starts walking, or we get some exciting family news, my first thought is, "I wish my mom was here to see this." Granted, Skype has allowed us to share so much more than in the past, but there is no substitute for your mom's hugs when you are sad. Though I wish we lived close to one another, God has used the distance to truly cherish the moments I have with my mom and to remind me of her love and influence in my life.

So, Mom, I love you - more than I could ever write or express. I w
ish I could be with you this Mother's Day, but you are here more than you know. Everything I learned about being a mother I learned from you and I see your love, encouragement, and joy every time I look at our family. Thank you loving me like Christ.

Finally, I know that this day, while joyous, can be heartbreaking for so many others. To those who desperately long to be mothers but are unable it is my pr
ayer that the Lord would answer your prayers for children. If He chooses not to through the form of physical children, remember that you have the ability to be someone's spiritual mother as well. There are countless women in my life, besides my own mom, who have poured their lives into me and who have been such a tremendous part of my sanctification. And to those who have lost their mothers, let me first say that I cannot comprehend the void that is left when a mother is gone. As you remember your mom and her life and miss her, I hope that you will be comforted by God and others around you.

Whether today was happy, sad, or a mixture of both, I hope that you reme
mber that the Lord is good. Happy Mother's Day!



My mom and I on my wedding day



Nani & Ethan

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:30-31

2 comments:

  1. I remember the day you were born, the moment actually and it seems like yesterday. You and I were both blessed with a wonderful gift.

    That say I do love you twice as much as you know who.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to be called your mom and I thank God every day that He blessed me with two wonderful children. I love you!

    ReplyDelete